tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paresh Deshpande <pare...@india.triviumsys.com>
Subject RE: retrieving complete classpath for tomcat instance
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:47:44 GMT
Hello, I posted this query yesterday, haven't received
any replies. Does anyone know how to retrieve classpath for the tomcat
instance from a web-app? I am stuck with the problem
and I am not sure as to how to proceed!! your suggestions would really be
valuable.
thanks
Paresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Paresh Deshpande [mailto:pareshd@india.triviumsys.com]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 06:01 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: retrieving complete classpath for tomcat instance

Hi, I am using tomcat 4.0 servlet container with apache 1.3.24 as web
server.
I have a situation where I need to compile a java file at runtime within
my web-application.

I am using org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler to generate the
necessary
class files. While compilation, I need complete classpath as an argument to
method setClasspath.
Once I set classpath correctly, I should be able to use compile method to
generate appropriate
class files.

Problem is that, I am not able to set classpath information for compiler
class correctly. How can
I include all the jar files to classpath available in servlet container
context? If I use
System.getProperty("java.class.path"), I get only
$CATALINA_HOME$\bin\bootstrap.jar.
None of the jar files in $CATALINA_HOME$\server\lib\ or common\lib folder
are returned
by accessing this property. Is their any system property to get the complete
classpath for
the current Apache-Tomcat service?

regards
Paresh