tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Funk, Martin" <Martin.F...@t-systems.com>
Subject Classes in JAR File found, but unpacked Classes not found
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 17:14:11 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm using Apache Tomcat 4.0.3 and JSE 1.4.0 and Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack
5

I'm setting up a JDBC Realm with an Oracle 9i Database.
As the Driver I use oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver wich are
distributet by Oracle in the "classes12.zip" File.

If I unpack the driver file to $CATALINA_HOME$\common\classes
Tomcat doesn't find it.

Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Exception opening database connection:
java.sql.SQLException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
LifecycleException:  Exception opening database connection:
java.sql.SQLException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.start(JDBCRealm.java:615)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:343)

If I wrap the packages up in a jar file and place ist like:
$CATALINA_HOME$\common\lib\classes12.jar
then Tomcat finds it.

I always thought that the "classes" dirs were for the unpacked class files
and the "lib" dirs for the classes in jar files. But elsewise equivalent.

Is the behaviour, that I discover a bug or is it a feature? Did I
misconfiguere something?
Where should I look next?

The Realm is configuered this way:
      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
         connectionName="XXXXX"
     connectionPassword="XXXXX"
          connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@XXXXX:XXXXX"
              userTable="Benutzer" userNameCol="Name" userCredCol="Passwort"
          userRoleTable="Benutzer" roleNameCol="Rolle" />

Thanks a lot in advance,

Martin