tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <tcw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [4.1.6] Milestone available for testing
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 04:36:31 GMT

I just ran some benchmarks with 4.1.6 and noticed a
couple of things.

1. 4.1.6 is showing less of an impact once the
connector reaches the max processors. With 4.0.3, I
was able to trigger a out of memory error by letting
JMeter continue for a couple minutes after tomcat
reaches the max processors and is denying connections.
I discovered this by accident when I was running
benchmarks with 120 con current connection hitting
pages with lots of JSTL tags. the max processor was
set to 75.

2. performance appears to be more consistent memory
and cpu wise. Under moderate and heavy load, the cpu
usage varies more with 4.0.3 and it takes longer for
4.0.3 to return to normal memory usage. This was done
with just task monitor and not optimizeIt or JProbe
since I can't get JProbe to work correctly with
jasper2.

3. tag pooling does show 5-10% improvement over
jasper2 w/o tag pooling.

Once I figure out how to get JProbe to work with
jasper2, i will run more tests.

peter

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.6/