tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dmitry ..." <dimchi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SSL and Authentication
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 01:00:36 GMT

I figured out that I'll need to refactor my directory structure and use seperate <security-constraint>s.
I'm curious, is there a standard or preferred way to do this?
My next step is to integrate Tomcat with Apache, and then an EJB server (perhaps JBoss?)...

--Dmitry

  "Dmitry ..." <dimchikny@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello everyone.

I have a security-contstraint set up with /* and JDBCRealm, and I have SSL configured in server.xml.
Both the JDBCRealm and SSL are working, just not quite as I'd like.

Currently, when the user first enters my site (/mysite/index.html), he is asked to authenticate
himself. When the user requests a page through SSL (.../location=https:8443/mysite/../Registration.jsp),
he is again asked to authenticate himself.

What I want is:

1) The user to be able to access index.html (and a few other pages) withought authentication.
I'd rather not have to enter every page individually under .

*2) The user to not have to re-authenticate himself when he selects to go to Registration.jsp
via SSL.

Thank you in advance,

Dmitry