tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dmitry ..." <dimchi...@yahoo.com>
Subject SSL and Authentication
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2002 15:55:30 GMT

Hello everyone.

I have a security-contstraint set up with <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern> and JDBCRealm,
and I have SSL configured in server.xml. Both the JDBCRealm and SSL are working, just not
quite as I'd like.

Currently, when the user first enters my site (/mysite/index.html), he is asked to authenticate
himself. When the user requests a page through SSL (.../location=https:8443/mysite/../Registration.jsp),
he is again asked to authenticate himself.

What I want is:

1) The user to be able to access index.html (and a few other pages) withought authentication.
I'd rather not have to enter every page individually under <web-resource-collection>.

*2) The user to not have to re-authenticate himself when he selects to go to Registration.jsp
via SSL.

Thank you in advance,

Dmitry