tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Prashanth Pushpagiri <prash_mail_li...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat looses session with IE5
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:42:42 GMT
Hello all:

I successfully deployed my application using tomcat
4.0.2 a few weeks ago and tested it on virtually every
browser i could get hold of. It works!

Todaye I was informed that one of my colleagues has
problems with session maintenance. The browser is IE
5.0 and sessions are just not maintained. I check it
myself and this is what i found.

The user can login using a userid and pwd. He is shown
a welcome page as soon as he logged in. Session
variables are good. Now, as soon as he clicks on some
other link, he is asked to login again. I am not sure
what the problem is. I checked the browser settings
and cookies are enabled. Can someone throw some light
on what the problems could be and how to resolve them?

Thanks
Prashanth