tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joel Rees <j...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>
Subject Re: Authentication
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 03:22:35 GMT
In case no one has responded yet,

> To whom this may concern:
>     I am not a member of tomcat, nor have I ever been. I have emailed them
> so many times to get them to take me off of their mailing list, but they
> have not done so. Some of the mail I get have a virus attached to them.
> Please help me if you can.
>     Thank you!!

So, you should be able to copy the unsubscribe address (without the
"mailto:" part) into the To: field in a new e-mail message, send that,
and be done with the tomcat list.

The address you paste in should look like:

Anything you type in the subject line or the body of the message will be
ignored. (It's a machine on the other end.)

If this does not work, you are probably trying to unsubscribe with a
return address that is not the address some "helpful friend" subscribed
you under. Check your headers. (If Outlook Express, I think that will be
a right-click over any message from the list, then the "properties" item.
Other browsers should have a "Show All Headers" menu item in the "View" menu
or something like that.)

In the first "Received:" line, you should notice that it says (something
like) "from" some IP address, "by" some IP address, and "for" some IP
address. It's the "for" address, and it should have an "@" in it. The
"for" address should be one of your own. If so, that is the address you
should post your unsubscribe mail from.

If the "for" address is not one of your own addresses, then you need to
contact whoever owns that address and get them to quit auto-forwarding
the tomcat list to you.

Hope that helps.

--
Joel Rees <joel@alpsgiken.gr.jp>