tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Bishop <dbis...@micron.com>
Subject Web-application not yet deployed
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:57:47 GMT

I'm getting 4.0 up and running (well, upgrading from 3.2) and after two days
straight of downloading various things and tweaking others, I think I'm
almost there.  It's the almost that's the kicker :-)

I have tomcat running fine, standalone, on port 8080.  I have apache running
fine on 80.  I am using j2se 1.4, on solaris 7.  Apache 1.3.26 (two birds
with one stone).  I have a self-compiled mod_webapp, though I had to manually
add -lgcc_s to that makefile to get that working.  My server.xml is based off
of the server-noexamples.xml.config, with very few modifications.  The
following is in my httpd.conf:
WebAppConnection webappConn      warp  pedh12.micron.com:8009
WebAppDeploy     examples  webappConn  /examples

The following is the only section that I have made changes to in the
server.xml:
  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" defaultHost="pedh12.micron.com" debug="0"
appBase="webapps">
              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>
        <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">
                <Context path="/examples"
                  docBase="webapps/examples"
                  crossContext="false"
                  debug="0"
                  reloadable="false" >
                </Context>
        </Host>
    </Engine>
  </Service>

That bit is the only part that is "black magic" to me.  I have *no* idea if
I'm supposed to be putting the host and context tags as children to the
Tomcat-Apache service tag.  Basically, I guessed and added things until it
started.  And, it works in standalone mode (i.e., pedh12:8080/examples
works).  However, when I try to goto pedh12/examples, well, examples returns
"no such directory, etc", while /examples/ returns the "Web-application not
yet deployed, 404" message.  Whew.  That took a while :-)  Any ideas?  This
is starting to get painful....

Thanks, and have a great day!

- --
D.A.Bishop

"Three people can take efficient care of a unix system as long as two of them
are dead"     - Unknown HP-UX mailing list member