tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles Baker <raschar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Book recommendation
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 19:47:10 GMT

--- Carl Bacher <cbacher@wellinx.com> wrote:
> There's one coming out soon - hopefully.
>
> Developer's Guide to Tomcat 4 by Alex Garrett & Jeff
> Kean and published
> by Manning

<<SNIP>>

> Cindy Ballreich wrote:
>
> >I can't speak to the others, but I really didn't
> like "JSP, Servlets, and Mysql." It reads nicely,
> but the examples are full of really basic errors. Be
> sure to check out the reader reviews on Amazon for
> any book you're interested in. They can be very
> helpful.
> >
> >At 10:26 AM 6/21/02 -0700, mls@VegInfo.com wrote:

<<SNIP>>

> >>Some books that came up on Internet search were...
> >>
> >>1) MySQL and JSP Web Applications: Data-Driven
> Programming
> >>       Using Tomcat and MySQL By James Turner
> >>
> >>2) Apache Jakarta-Tomcat by James Goodwill
> >>
> >>3) JSP, Servlets, and Mysql by Dave Harms
> >>
> >>4) Professional Java Server Programming (many
> authors)
> >>
> >>Any other ones out there and which one would you
> recommend?
<<SNIP>>

I just got back from Developing J2EE Compliant
Enterprise Applications, a Sun course. The instructor
recommended 4) in your list, Core J2EE Patterns and
the latest edition of the O'Reilly EJB book. I've also
been looking over EJB Design Patterns and the previews
of the Struts book both of which are available from http://www.theserverside.com/

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
Hacking is a "Good Thing!"