tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Davison <peterdavi...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Method not found in class error
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:25:37 GMT
Hi David.

Any chance you have the class "com.optimad.ecap.MenuBuilder" being loaded from a
the wrong location (like from a jar file when you're expecting it to be loaded
from the classes directory)?  Or maybe this class is in more than one jar file
and that other jar is being loaded first?

P.

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:32:05 +0100
David Dale <David@optimad.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We have a working web application that has been deployed to a new server. I
> am a bit new to all this and the guys here are deep into other development
> and are unable to help. One particular JSP fails to compile and complaining
> that a method is missing from a class. The method is in the source code, I
> can see this by decompiling the class file in question. I deleted everything
> in the working directory without success. The error message is below please
> help if you can, sorry if this is stupid question:
>
> Error: 500
> Location: /documents/menutree.jsp
> Internal Servlet Error:
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
> JSPF:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\work\localhost_8080\_0002fdocuments_0002fmenutree
> _0002ejspmenutree_jsp_0.java:85: Method setCampaignID(java.lang.String) not
> found in class com.optimad.ecap.MenuBuilder.
>                  menuBuilder.setCampaignID(cID);
>                                           ^
> F:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.4\work\localhost_8080\_0002fdocuments_0002fmenutree_00
> 02ejspmenutree_jsp_0.java:91: Method
> getMainMenuString(com.optimad.user.datamodels.UserModel) not found in class
> com.optimad.ecap.MenuBuilder.
>                 out.print(menuBuilder.getMainMenuString(currentUser));
>                                                        ^
>
> cheers,
> david
>
> --

Peter Davison
peterdavison@rogers.com

Children begin by loving their parents.  After a time they judge them.
Rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.
		-- Oscar Wilde