tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Richard Plukker <rich...@bowtie.nl>
Subject Re: redirecting the output to a log file
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:50:31 GMT
Hello Satya,

I suggest Log4j.
You can log to different out streams. You can configure the way you log
outside you program code, using a log4j.properties file.
@see http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j

Also you can use the catalina way of logging.

And you can make your own logging mechanism by appending to a
java.io.RandomAccess file. But keep in mind that you have to programm a lot
to make it thread safe etc.

Good luck.

Richard