tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S W <swem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat binding to multiple IP addresses
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:02:47 GMT
I've been doing some reading and it said to specify
the IP address to be used in HTTP1.1/Connector
Section, but it doesn't work.

Here's what I've tried:
    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port
8080 -->
    <Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
	       address="192.168.1.151"
               enableLookups="true"
redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0"
connectionTimeout="60000"/>

Thank you!!!

--- S W <swemail@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> My original installation of Tomcat was installed on
> computer with multiple IP addresses.
>
> Now my problem is that Tomcat tries to bind itself
> with all the IP addresses when I try starting it up.
> How do I change it so that it only binds to 1 IP
> address. I've already tried changing this in the
> server.xml file.
>
> My environment:
> Windows 2000 SP2
> TOmcat 4.0.3
>
> Any help on resolving this matter, would be greatly
> appreciated!!!
>
> Thank you
>
> Here is the error message I receive when starting up
> Tomcat from a DOS prompt:
> Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  null.open:
> java.net.BindException: Address
>  already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
> LifecycleException:  null.open:
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
>  JVM_Bind:8080
>         at

org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.initialize(HttpConne