tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S W <swem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat binding to multiple IP addresses
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 07:24:41 GMT
Hi Everyone,

My original installation of Tomcat was installed on a
computer with multiple IP addresses.

Now my problem is that Tomcat tries to bind itself
with all the IP addresses when I try starting it up.
How do I change it so that it only binds to 1 IP
address. I've already tried changing this in the
server.xml file.

My environment:
Windows 2000 SP2
TOmcat 4.0.3

Any help on resolving this matter, would be greatly
appreciated!!!

Thank you

Here is the error message I receive when starting up
Tomcat from a DOS prompt:
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  null.open:
java.net.BindException: Address
 already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
LifecycleException:  null.open:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
 JVM_Bind:8080
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.initialize(HttpConne
ctor.java:1130)

I know this is the issue because when I tested
installing Tomcat on a machine with a single IP
address and then adding more IP addresses to it, it
would only bind itself to 1 IP address.

Here is what my log file shows.