tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sam Ewing <java_develope...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1/4.0 manager application
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 06:07:48 GMT
Thanks for all the help Craig. A couple of other
doubts :-)

1. In Tomcat 4.1, when a install command is run, how
is the web application 'installed'. I mean, the
application is neither copied into webapps, nor a
Context entry added to server.xml; so how does the
requests for /new_app (if that is the context path)
sent to the new application? Is everything manipulated
in the in memory representation of server.xml?

2. In Tomcat 4.0, the remove command doesnt remove the
installed app from application base.. is that ok since
the remove in 4.0 is actually an undeploy?

3. In Tomcat 4.0, the install copies the web app into
the application base.. yet when I restart Tomcat, the
'manager list' doesnt show this new webapp, nor does
is this application accessible. Why is this when the
application has been unpacked into application base?

Sorry for all the questions!