tomcat-users mailing list archives

From misterxyz misterxyz <misterab...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Running Apache and Tomcat on different servers; problem with redirection
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:35:51 GMT

thanks for the quick reply. actually, the proxy server is just a security meassure, so that
the tomcat server is not directly exposed to the internet. the apache contacts an iis residing
on the tomcat server, which then contacts tomcat.
i assume that in that case i do not need mod_jk, correct?
but i need to configure tomcat to avoid the redirects, correct? how can that be done?
thx, michael
  Hanks Mei <meihank@sify.com> hat geschrieben: Hi,
Some questions
Are you using mod_jk cocnnectors for apache & tomcat to communicate
or are you just forwarding requests from apache.
If you are just forwarding(using redirects) then this is the expected behaviour
You should move to mod_jk adapter.

In case you are using a mod_jk adapter, have you configured the servername properly
for apache. But anyway this should not be a problem if both are running in two different servers.

bye
mano

Quoting :

> I try to run apache and tomcat on two different servers; apache server
> is accessible from the Internet via ssl, tomcat is not directly
> accessible from the Internet. Request is forwarded by apache to tomcat
> server as http.
>
> tomcat server replaces the ip address in the response with the tomcat
> server's address, which it shouldn't
>
> Example: send request to /directory
>
> New URL shown in browser after the answer has been received: > server ip>/directory
>
> how can i get rid of the address exchange? where is it configured?
>
> thx, michael

Gesendet von http://mail.yahoo.de.
Kreative Köpfe gesucht! Machen Sie mit beim Yahoo! SMS Literatur Wettbewerb und gewinnen
Sie tolle Preise -  http://smswettbewerb.yahoo.de.