tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S W <swem...@yahoo.com>
Subject How well does tomcat 4.0.03 work as a HTTP server?
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 04:23:40 GMT
HI Everyone,

I'm curious has anyone used Tomcat as a regular http
server, and would you recommend it?

The reason I'm asking this quesion is because I'm not
sure if it would be better to use IIS to redirect the
Java pages to the Tomcat server or if it would be
better to serve the htm pages straight from the Tomcat
server.

My concerns:
- Adding IIS ads another layer leaving more chances
for errors to occur
- My knowledge of tomcat is limited at the moment as
this is the first website I'm setting up using tomcat.

Thank you any advice would be greatly appreciated.