tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ryan <nies...@yahoo.com>
Subject can I get a directory listing in tomcat
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 21:17:23 GMT
Hello,
I'm trying to get a directory listing as in the
example below, but an exception is thrown saying the
tomcat user does not have access to the /tmp
directory. Is the tomcat itself not allowing access to
the servers directory structure (i.e. the permissions
on /tmp are completely open i.e. 777)?? I'm using
tomcat 4 with jdk 1.4.0
Thanks,
Ryan

String dir = "/tmp/";
File fDir=new File(dir); // the directory
//tomcat cannot get past this line in the code.
String[] fileList=fDir.list(); // fetch the list