tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Rathore <intmail2...@yahoo.com>
Subject SSL & Tomcat problem
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 04:23:31 GMT

I would like to use secure connection with Tomcat.  I have followed the instructions that
were given on Apache website with respect to SSL and Tomcat connection.  I have put in the
three jar files(jcert.jar, jnet.jar, jsse.jar) in /usr/java/jdk1.3.1_01/jre/lib/ext and have
edited the /etc/profile to make sure that the jar files can be picked up.  My ".keystore"
file is located in /usr/java/jdk1.3.1_01/jre/lib/ext.  I have edited the server.xml file to
include SSL connection, but when I place keystoreFile='/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_01/jre/lib/ext inside
<Factory> tag, the web browser seems to get stuck when it tries to search the web page
http://localhost:8080 let alone trying to access secure connection.  If I remove the keystoreFile='/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_01/jre/lib/ext
from the <Factory>  tag, then I am at least able to access http://localhost:8080 .
What would I have to do so that I can access secure connection.

Thanks,

Sanjeev Rathore