tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Pfeiffer <adamcpfeif...@yahoo.com>
Subject Manager App Question
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 18:58:52 GMT
Hello,
I just began playing with the manager app and am confused on how it deploys a new web application.
 Here is the lowdown.

I had an existing one at:
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3/webapps/trips

I did a cp -r from /opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3/webapps/trips to
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3/webapps/trips-dev in order to set up a development environment.

Then I ran the command:
http://localhost:8080/manager/install?path=/trips-dev?war=file:/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3/webapps/trips-dev

This worked, the web app deployed and I can now browse it perfectly.  What I am confused on
it
that I can stop and start tomcat /opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3/bin/shutdown.sh & startup.sh
and it
still sees the trips-dev app.  Where does it store this information??  I have checked server.xml
and it does not contain any info on trips-dev.  I must be missing some config file, but for
the
life of me I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks,
Adam