tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Shears <>
Subject Re: New Apache 2.0 / Tomcat 4.0.3 Windows Setup Guide
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 05:15:38 GMT
aha that explains why I could not get mod_jk to work!

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 14:28, you wrote:
 Yes, mod_jk and mod_webapp serve the same purpose. At the moment,
 however, the only connector that works with Apache 2.x on Windows is
 mod_jk, and the only connector that works in Apache 2.x on Linux is
 mod_webapp. Strange state of affairs. :-P

 As for Apache/Tomcat versus Tomcat standalone, yes -- the
 configurability, flexibility, expandability, scaleability, and security
 of Apache are the main reasons to stick with Apache as your primary
 server. When it comes down to it, Tomcat is still just a REFERENCE
 IMPLEMENTATION of the Java Servlets/JSP specification.

 Kevin Yank
 Technical Content Director - Master the Web!

  It covers everything from obtaining and installing a working version of
 mod_jk to setting up Tomcat as a Windows service without using any 3rd
 party software.

  I also plan to publish a Linux version of this setup guide within a

  Feedback is welcome!

  -Kevin Yank
   Technical Content Director,

Martin Shears BS(Maths&CompSci)| Email:
Chariot NetConnect             | Web:
Technical Services Group       | Phone  (+61):   08 8359 2955
6/63 Pirie St ADELAIDE S.Aust  | Fax    (+61):   08 8359 3413

You are reminded that this e-mail and its attachments are subject to
Chariot Internet Limited's legal disclaimer located at You are encouraged to read
it carefully to be aware of risks involved in electronic

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message