tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Shears <>
Subject Re: New Apache 2.0 / Tomcat 4.0.3 Windows Setup Guide
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 04:50:46 GMT
Looking forward to the linux version! I need to set them up on RedHat 7.2/7.3

Setting up Apache 2.0/Tomcat 4.0.3 has been one of those low priority tasks I
have at work for a new project.  I guess the interesting part for me has been
mod_jk, mod_jk2, mod_webapp etc ie joining to Tomcat.   Getting the right
versions, compiling the source .. documenting it for the next person.

Do mod_jk and mod_webapp serve the same purpose?

Someone asked my why do I need Apache, why not use Tomcat alone.  I am
familiar with the security and configuration of Apache, need to use SSL,
mixed context of html, perl, servlets and jsp.  That is as good as my answer
gets.  I wonder if anyone would suggest Tomcat standalone who has been there
done that.

They sure did not teach this stuff at university :)