tomcat-users mailing list archives

From B...@sjm.com
Subject RE: Help! I am so stuck. Tomcat NT credential
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:56:09 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

How about using NT User Group to authenticate access to JSP files inside a
secured directory?  (I will read the paper now but I thought I should ask.)

Thanks again.

Bao-Ha Dam Bui
bbui@sjm.com
S. Jude Medical, Inc
651.765.1018

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Peters [mailto:Geoff@logic.bm]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 11:46 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Help! I am so stuck. Tomcat NT credential

You can either use the tomcat-users.xml file to define users, passwords and
roles (located in the conf folder in the root of Tomcat), or use a realm to
authenticate to a database, either way there is really good documentation on
it at the jakarta tomcat site, it took me about 15 min to have an
authentication set up against an Access database, really
straightforward.......

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/realm-howto.html

Geoff

Geoff Peters, BScFE, AIT      Phone  : (441) 296-9640
Applications Developer        Fax    : (441) 292-1509
Logic Communications          E-mail : geoff@logic.bm
12 Par-La-Ville Road          WWW    : http://www.logic.bm
Hamilton, Bermuda  HM JX