tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sean Dillon <s...@sdillon.com>
Subject IIS and security constraints
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:17:11 GMT
I developed a site for a client who needs to deploy it on an existing
IIS server.  I found docs on the web that describe using the redirector
dll, etc., and have gotten IIS to successfully redirect urls to my JSP
site.  My problem is that the security constraints that work so well
when running Tomcat standalone or even on the IIS machine via port 8080,
do not work when accessing the site through IIS - there is never any
login dialog presented by the browser; instead, Tomcat redirects to the
site's 404 error page.

So what do I need to do to use container-managed security while
deploying Tomcat through IIS?