tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sean M Alderman <sean.m.alder...@grc.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: mod_jk.so for the new tomcat!
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:37:26 GMT
On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 10:54, abhishek srivastava wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have downloaded the new tomcat 4.0.4 today. I also downloaded the source
> for the jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.4-src ... when I run ant the build
> says build successfull. but there is no mod_jk.so to be found.

When you run ant to build the connectors, in
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-src/jk try running 'ant native' to build
mod_jk.so.  I didn't have much luck doing this on my solaris8 box, but I
know why that didn't work, just not how to fix it (it was a solaris
specific issue).

<snip>

> PS: If someone has already succeeded in building the binaries of mod_jk for
> LINUX 7.3 platform, then please send it to me.

I assume you mean RedHat 7.3.  You should be able to use the binary
connector here -
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.3/bin/linux/i386/

Sean M. Alderman
ITRACK Systems Analyst
PACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center
(216) 433-2795

Calling a windowed operating system "Windows" is like naming an
automobile "Wheels."