tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Pelillo <pelil...@earthlink.net>
Subject What are the various "DEBUG Levels?"
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 02:20:08 GMT

If I look at the web.xml file (4.1.3) I see line like the following

	<init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>

I can also see something similar if I use the admin tool included with
Tomcat 4.1.3.  But I don't understand them.

I have seen a case where they are set to anything other than 0, but the
admin tool let me choose 0-9.  I have tried different setting, but I
haven't seen any difference.  I might be looking in the right place.

I am trying to debug an application originally written for Tomcat 3.3
and I get an error java exception error _jspServer (unknown service).  I
was hoping these would spit a lot of detail into the log file about what
was going on, but it didn't seem to work.