tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John McNally <jmcna...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Does Jakarta have a connection pooling project?
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 00:35:41 GMT
On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 16:53, JStanczak@vinu.edu wrote:
> Is there a connection pooling project in Jakarta that I can use for
> database connection pooling? I've found the pool component under Jakarta
> Commons, but is that the only one?

There is DBCP in commons.  I'm not sure if that is what you meant by the
pool component as there is also a Pool component that is general object
pooling.  DBCP contains BasicDataSource, which iirc is the default
connection pool that ships with the latest catalina code.

There is also Jdbc2Pool located in jakarta-commons-sandbox.  It uses a
ConnectionPoolDataSource as its source of connections as opposed a
Driver as BasicDataSource does.  I would say it is better featured than
BasicDataSource, but I am the author.  It can be more complex to
configure.

john mcnally