tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John McNally <jmcna...@collab.net>
Subject RE: Connection pooling doesn't work for me ... Help !!
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:18:58 GMT
On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 14:31, Kevin Andryc wrote:
> I wasn't aware of that. Thank you. When I was looking to do Oracle pooling I
> did a search on Google groups and asked around in which 99% of the posts
> used this method.

I have heard that oracle's documentation is not very clear on the
usage.  But from the specification:

"Connection pooling doesn't impact application code.  The application
simply accesses a standard JDBC DataSource and uses it in the standard
way.  The DataSource implements connection pooling transparently to the
application using the PooledConnection and ConnectionPoolDataSource
facilities provided by a JDBC 2.0 driver."

 I never heard of the Jdbc2PoolDataSource.

It's currently in the commons-sandbox.  I am trying to move it into dbcp
where it might be a bit more visible, but it works as it is currently
packaged.

john mcnally