tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander ten Bruggencate <alexan...@bruggencate.com>
Subject Re: catalina-ant ReloadTask fails
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:14:05 GMT
On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 05:36, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> > As I understand thing, the reload task just tells TomCat to reload the
> > war file that is in the webapp directory.
> >
> > It is still your responsiblity to get the WAR file to the webapp
> directory.
> >
> > It's a shame it doesn't support a file upload as part of the TomCat
> > task, but when I get annoyed enough I guess I'll write it! (I use samba
> > shares at the moment to copy to the webapp directory).
>
> The deploy task does just that (upload the WAR to the server, which then
> installs it).
>
> Of course, if you find improvements you could make, don't hesitate to
> contribute them. I suppose some documentation could be useful ;-)
>
> Remy

Is it just me or is DeployTask 100% the same as IntallTask? (I get the
same results)

right now if a web application has changed i have to do a RemoveTask and
after that a IntallTask.

I would rather have a ReloadTask that checks if the webapp is running,
removes it if so and installs the war that came with the URL.

-Alexander.