tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Gedeon <jged...@umich.edu>
Subject apache module authentication & remote_user
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:56:07 GMT
Hi, I am attempting to set up a tomcat 4.0.3 server to work with apache
1.3.x and an apache module for kerberos authentication.  (both servers
are on solaris)  On successful authentication the remote_user variable
in apache is populated.

I thought that this should be passed to tomcat as a header so that it
could be access with the request.getHeader() call, but this does not
work.

Should this work?  Is there a configuration step that I missed?

If I have the wrong expectations, can anyone point me in the right
direction.  Do I need to implement the Realm interface in order to do
custom authentication?

Any umich.edu people on the list already solved this issue?

Thanks for any advice,
Jeff