tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Thielen" <d...@thielen.com>
Subject Help Please - trying to get Tomcat to work with IIS
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:33:33 GMT
Hi;

I've been fighting this for 24 hours now and I feel so close - yet not there.

My system uses IIS and I just added Tomcat 4.0 release (downloaded yesterday). I have followed
all of the instructions for connecting Tomcat to IIS including using a workers.properties,
uriworkermap.properties, and server.xml provided by someone who has Tomcat working with IIS.

>>From a browser on another system, I can access .jsp's that are under the tomcat/webapps
directory and they display correctly. But I cannot access .jsp's that are under c:\InetPub\wwwroot.
I get two kinds of problems.

1) If I access the default web site I get:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 404 - /store/10.jsp

type Status report

message /store/10.jsp

description The requested resource (/store/10.jsp) is not available.

2) I I access via a virtual website I get:

HTTP 404 - File not found (the message is from IIS)

Any ideas?

help - thanks - dave