tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Thielen" <d...@thielen.com>
Subject IIS & Tomcat - getting closer
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:06:36 GMT
Hi;

I am running IIS and Tomcat trying to get Tomcat to handle all jsp requests for IIS. I think
I'm getting pretty close:

1) Do I need to run Tomcat seperately in either a DOS box or as a service. Or does isapi_redirect.dll
start it for me? I tried running it in a DOS box and got exceptions thrown which looked like
it was saying it was laready running.

2) If I try to bring up a jsp page from the default web site, I get:
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 404 - /store/cart.jsp

type Status report

message /store/cart.jsp

description The requested resource (/store/cart.jsp) is not available.

Yet as you can see below, the file exists (X: is mapped to C: on my server):

X:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\conf>dir \Inetpub\wwwroot\store\cart.jsp
 Volume in drive X is os
 Volume Serial Number is D059-3680

 Directory of X:\Inetpub\wwwroot\store

08/14/2001  09:15p               5,982 cart.jsp
               1 File(s)          5,982 bytes
               0 Dir(s)     780,902,400 bytes free

X:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0\conf>

And if I try to get the file using a virtual web site, I get:

HTTP 404 - File not found

Any ideas - thanks - dave