tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Niven <John.Ni...@marcat.com>
Subject RE: to upgrade: uninstall previous, or install over?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:22:17 GMT

Various Tomcat 4s, Windows 2000 Pro.

> I'm wondering if people installing Tomcat have traditionally
> uninstalled
> their old version, or have they installed new versions without
> uninstalling, overwriting the current install?

Neither!  On dev boxes I tend to keep various installs, setting
CATALINA_HOME within catalina.bat.

Alright, on production boxes I suppose I'd overwrite any existing install if
I had to, but I've not yet upgraded a production install.  I suspect I would
just overwrite, rather than uninstall/reinstall.  FWIW, I always install
from zip, not exe.

> Thanks.
> Liam Morley

HTH,