tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Laura" <lauradi...@libero.it>
Subject Re: Security - Attack
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:35:24 GMT
Hi all,

thanks for your help. What do you suggest me to do?

Whe you say :"So it makes some sense to change the configuration
for apache", what do you mean?

Laura

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 3:22 PM
Subject: AW: Security - Attack

I wouldn't say that they do no harm:

- They mess up your statistics
  If you don't change your configuration it's not
  possible to distinguish the 404 from the viruses
  from others that might indicated errors in your
  site. (I always get nervous if a server has a
  'file not found' count > 0)
- They (sometimes) kill your log file space
  In high noon of nimda and code red, those viruses
  produced serveral megabytes on logfiles for each
  site we are hosting.