tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Clay Graham <cl...@newobjectivity.com>
Subject TO ALL NEWBIES:advice from a semi-newbie
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 05:30:22 GMT
Hi newbies!

I am writing this because I went through some pain installing tomcat, I
think anyone would if they weren't already pretty familliar with what is
going on..

I want to give just a little advice from someone who just went through it
all...

1. Install JSDK 1.4 from sun, nothing other version will do....
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html

2. Install Java Web Services Developer Pack (Java WSDP)
http://java.sun.com/webservices/downloads/webservicespack.html

This has a killer installer and will install tomcat4 for you real nice and
neat....It also has just about everything you need to know about this
incredible server application revolution...

3. Install the Java Web Services Developer Pack Tutorial
http://java.sun.com/webservices/downloads/webservicestutorial.html

This is the best way for a newbie who just doesn't get the details of the
very cool jakarta project.

you will be running tomcat within 30 minutes.....

I HOPE I HELPED YOU!

clay