tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: Null Pointer Exception - would you please take a look?
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:30:19 GMT
Yeah - it works fine except when I use it in this context.   The double //
after the host is a ... well it's like this: =)

protocol:subprotocol://server/path

... and because my path starts with a /, I have two of them - works super on
everything else.  I run on RHL 7.2 =)  The first one is a delimiter - the
second is necessary to indicate the path.  ... at least that's how I've
always done it.  I read it somewhere I think, but I couldn't tell you where.

I just downloaded Firebird - and upon looking at the docs I think I quite
like it.  I'm in the process of uninstalling interclient, as it wasn't an
RPM install - so I guess I get to do that part by hand =)  Ignacio tells me
I won't need interserver anymore, so ... I want to be sure everything is as
'tight' (security-wise and file-system-wise) as it can be.  I abhor needless
clutter floating around ... unless it's in my personal directory ;) lol

>From the looks/sound of things, I can either use the driver approach or I
have the option of binding a datasource into JNDI - InterBase didn't offer
that, so it's a step ahead, I think.  I figure the JDBCRealm will use the
driver approach (since the only JNDI lookup supported by TC is currently
LDAP), and then I can just have my initialization servlet bind a reference
to the appropriate POOLING datasource (I liked that part =) provided by
Firebird into JNDI and have the rest of my app get it from there.  I wish
the TC guys would let you configure a pool for the JDBCRealm.  I know ... I
know ... it's in the works.  That'll be really nice!

Thanks for your comments - I'm not sure where I'm going to turn for sure at
this point.  In the end I'll either wind up using TC stand-alone or using
mod_jk instead of mod_webapp.  I'll cross that bridge later ;)

Thanks =)

Eddie