tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rick Fincher" <...@tbird.com>
Subject Re: Null Pointer Exception - would you please take a look?
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:04:55 GMT
Hi Eddie,

I use Interbasse to do what you are trying, but directly to Tomcat, so I
know it can be done.  My server.xml entry follows.  The only thing I see
different is that you have two forward slashes after the host name.  Is this
a typo?  Does this work with your other JDBC apps?  I'm accessing a database
on a Solaris system so Windows would be a little different.  The error
message you are getting is from the Interbase driver so Tomcat IS finding
interclient.jar.  It is basically saying that it is getting a bad filename

The only other thing I can think of with Interbase is that you have to be
sure that "file.gdb" has granted read authorization to "username" on your
"member" table.

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="0"

driverName="interbase.interclient.Driver"

connectionURL="jdbc:interbase://myhost.mydomain.com/dbDir/databases/usersdb.
gdb"

connectionName="username"

connectionPassword="password"

userTable="USERS"