tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "phani" <ph...@vqindia.com>
Subject Configureing SSL for Tomcat 4.0
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:31:24 GMT
hi,

  I am trying to configure tomcat4.0 for standalone mode but no luck.When i try to run tomcat
the window pops up and closes.I am unable to see the error messages.

My environmet is : win 98; jdk1.4, tomcat4.0

I followed the bellow steps to configure the tomcat.

created a certificate using the bellow command

c:\keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

and i gave the password  changeit  .The certificate is generated on my user home dir c:\windows

Now i removed the comments for Connector in server.xml

               enableLookups="true"
        acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true">
      <Factory className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS"/>
    </Connector>

But i am getting the above said error.

Can some one guide me where i went wrong....

Thanks for any help
phani