tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Burgess <J...@riskdecisions.com>
Subject RE: JDBC Error
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:32:55 GMT
Just a guess, but could your database connection be timing out under linux?

Best Wishes
John Burgess
john@riskdecisions.com
Tel: 01865 718666
Fax: 01865 718600

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Maltby [mailto:RMaltby@realm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 8:18 PM
To: Tomcat User (E-mail)
Subject: JDBC Error

I have an application which is running fine on WinNT but on Linux it fails
under the following condition:

    - the first time into the application - no problem
    - I close the web browser
    - it is left for about 15 to 20 minutes
    - I try to start the application again I get the error

I have debug set in Apache and Tomcat but they do not give me any clues.
Below I have my configuration and the top portion of the error log file.

I would appreciate any guidance/suggestions which would help me track this
down.

Thanks
Roger

Configuration:
==============
	Apache: 1.3.23
	Jakarta-Tomcat: 4.0.3
	Java: jdk-1.3.1_03
	RedHat: 7.3
	Progress: 9.1d

hs_err_pid1323.log file:
========================

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x819e1a5
Function name=(N/A)
Library=(N/A)

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
      just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
      reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:
	at com.progress.sql.jdbc.JdbcProgress.allocStmt(Native Method)
	at
com.progress.sql.jdbc.JdbcProgress.SQLAllocStmt(JdbcProgress.java:244)
	at
com.progress.sql.jdbc.JdbcProgressConnection.prepareStatement(JdbcProgressCo
nnection.java:488)
	at
com.progress.sql.jdbc.JdbcProgressConnection.prepareStatement(JdbcProgressCo
nnection.java:466)
	at
com.bitmechanic.sql.PooledConnection.prepareStatement(PooledConnection.java:
352)
	at Authenticate.query(Authenticate.java:79)
	at Authenticate.<init>(Authenticate.java:34)
	at SiteServ.tryLogin(SiteServ.java:1444)
	at SiteServ.handleRequest(SiteServ.java:72)
	at
org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.doRequest(VelocityServlet.java:3
31)
	at
org.apache.velocity.servlet.VelocityServlet.doPost(VelocityServlet.java:301)

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---