tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Connectors - enableLookups defaults to true?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 19:41:08 GMT
I have to say I'm very curious why this is.  Could someone shed some light?  What will be the
impact on my applications if I set it to false?  ... just that I get an IP Address instead
of a name for someone that connects to an application?  Is there any impact that I am unaware
of?

Why is more favorable to have lookups on?  I'm guessing there is a common, valid reason I
am unaware of - since this defaults to true.  Doesn't Apache default this to false?  Yes -
just checked and it does.

Thanks!

Eddie