tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: FLAWS FOUND IN APACHE
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 05:33:45 GMT
> It sounds to me like the only people who need to worry are those who run the
> affected versions on Windows * and on 64 bit systems.  For most of us who run
> on 32 bit systems on Linux/*BSD/Unix, we don't need to worry, right?

Not exactly. The bug has been reproduced on Windows and some 64-bit UNIX platforms. It doesn't
mean that it doesn't exist on 32-bit UNIX versions. It could be so, but until we hear from
guys at RedHat and other Linux distros, we will not know for sure.

Anyway, a buffer overflow always adds a question mark, so until there is a new Apache release,
be on the lookout.

Nix.