tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Null Pointer Exception - would you please take a look?
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:17:46 GMT
I'm running Tomcat 4.0.1, InterBase 6 Super Server, and Apache 1.3.22.

Everything works super, until I throw in a JDBC realm and try to connect to an application
protected by a security constraint.  When I do, I get the following exception in my server
log:

2002-06-17 12:29:28 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler]
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at interbase.interclient.PreparedStatement.setString(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.credentials(JDBCRealm.java)
    at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java)
    at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java)

... and it continues.  I hate to paste it all unless it's necessary to do so.

My thought was that someone may have experienced this - or that it may be a known issue.
I checked the docs to ensure that my driver implements PreparedStatement and setString() ...
and it does.  It's a JDBC 1.0 driver though.

What would be the recommended course of action?  I'm not sure what's going on here for certain,
and that's why I'm posting.

Thanks in Advance!

Eddie