tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Renato Romano" <r.rom...@set-network.com>
Subject RE: problem..plz help me out
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:04:08 GMT
I can't find the "run-as" element which you mention in your web.xml file
... If you want to restrict access to a resource just use the security
constraint element... Look in the servlet doc...

____________________________________
Renato Romano
Sistemi e Telematica S.p.A.
Calata Grazie - Vial Al Molo Giano
16127 - GENOVA

e-mail: r.romano@set-network.com
Tel.:   010 2712603
_____________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: puneet sachar [mailto:puneetsachar@yahoo.com]
Sent: sabato 8 giugno 2002 21.22
To: Xinji Gu
Subject: problem..plz help me out

Hi friends, this is my 4th mail regarding my single
complain..

I have install the tomcat 4.0.3 and its doing fine as
far .html files are concern but no .class and .jsp
files are running on it

I have asked 9-10 times abt same question again and
again and I got nothing from u guys there

Plz help me.I really stuck ..

With this mail I'm sending my server.xml file and
web.xml file which is in my virtualhost/WEB-INF/

I know it is very tough for u to go in these files and
see for errors but plz..i'm in need badly and afater
spending so much time here I some time feel like
crying . and I'm in such a place and in such a part of India..where I
can't get ant local computer guy with whom I can discuss ..plz do me a
little favour

Here are my problems
1)	no .class and .jsp working only html is working
2)	I have done all changes which were to made in
server.xml.)I have send the file also plz check it and
tell me any mistake if u find)
3)	I'm getting 404 error ..no servlet found
4)	And I'm able to excess the .class file vis
http://localhost:80/examples/servlet/abc.class
 But not by making my own virtual host aand not even
the default root directory

what i have is my own context named sachar
and when i go .http://puneet:80/sachar/servlet/HelloworldServlet

error -- 404

See friends ..if u can help me I'll be very grateful
to u

Puneet