tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Conrad" <andrewcon...@msn.com>
Subject RE: IIS - jsp file download on port 80
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:40:15 GMT
Hey Jeff,

It doesn't look like your IIS redirector is working at all.  You
uriworkermap.properties says that I should be able to go to
http://x.x.x.x/examples but it isn't working, but if I access it on port
8080 it works fine.  Sooo, it's tough to say exactly what you have
configured incorrectly.

Here are a few things to check.  Make sure you have a virtual directory
on your web site called "Jakarta" and make sure it points to the
directory that isapi_redirector.dll resides.

Make sure your ISAPI filter has a green arrow in your ISAPI filter list.

Here is a step-by-step installation guide to take a look at.

http://www.getnet.net/~rbarr/TomcatOnIIS/default.htm

- Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Polaski [mailto:jpolaski@rgs.uci.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 9:00 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: IIS - jsp file download on port 80

First, thanks in advance for any help with this...

I've gotten Tomcat 4.0.4 set up and everything works well if I connect
port 8080. I'd like to be able to serve servlets and jsp's transparently
users over port 80. However, if I connect through port 80 and try to
grab a
.jsp file all I get is a download prompt asking me if I want to save the
file to my hard drive. (You can see for yourself:
http://128.200.156.162/home/jsp-files/fruit.jsp
<http://128.200.156.162/home/jsp-files/fruit.jsp> ).

(you can also see that Tomcat works on port 8080:
http://128.200.156.162:8080/jsp-files/fruit.jsp
<http://128.200.156.162:8080/jsp-files/fruit.jsp> )

I'm not sure what needs to be changed. Do I need to add an application
mapping for .jsp's to the default web site in IIS? If that's so, I'm not
sure what to map it _to_. Would it be isapi_redirector.dll? I tried
setting
Tomcat to run on port 80, but Tomcat just breaks. Is the problem that
I'm
using the warp connector? Should I be using something else?

I've put a copy of all the Tomcat configuration files in:
http://128.200.156.162/home/jeff/tomcat/conf/
<http://128.200.156.162/home/jeff/tomcat/conf/> . As far as I can tell,
everything is set up correctly... I took out ajp12 because it isn't used
in
anything. Removing it didn't seem to affect anything...

I'll be happy to summarize and post the solution to the group, once it's
worked out. And again, thanks for any help!

   Jeff Polaski
   Manager, Web Services
   Research & Graduate Studies
   University California, Irvine