tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Gregg" <john.gr...@techarch.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Performance is good!
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:19:14 GMT
This test really doesn't have anything to do with Tomcat's performance.
This has much more to do with some java version vs perl 5.6.0 and the search
algorithms you used.  If you want to test Tomcat, run the exact same code in
Tomcat as in WebLogic or WebSphere.

john

-----Original Message-----
From:
tomcat-user-return-22770-john.gregg=techarch.com@jakarta.apache.org
[mailto:tomcat-user-return-22770-john.gregg=techarch.com@jakarta.apache.
org]On Behalf Of Trenton D. Adams
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 5:06 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Tomcat Performance is good!

I've recently been doing some fiddling with Tomcat.  I've built a King
James Bible search program.  I based it off of my brother's perl bible
search program.  It outputs all identical HTML to the perl version.  It
was already out performing it by a couple of seconds on one particular
search.  The search for perl took about 6 seconds and the search in the
J2EE version on tomcat took approx 4 seconds.  With some code efficiency
improvements, I've gotten that down to less than 3 seconds.

Just thought you might all like to hear some good news about Tomcat.

Tomcat 4.0.3
Apache 1.3.20
Perl 5.6.0