tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Gregg" <>
Subject RE: JDBC Error
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:55:11 GMT
I use JDBCPool also.  A sample of what my code looks like is here:

I obtain a connection like this:

conn = DriverManager.getConnection(alias, username, password);

Once I set the pool up, I don't futz with it.  My code doesn't even know
there's a pool in use.  The only issue I have with JDBCPool is that it
doesn't pool Statements correctly, IMO, but I don't think that's the cause
of your problem.

-----Original Message-----
org]On Behalf Of Roger Maltby
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 9:33 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: JDBC Error

I am using a connection pool manager from BitMechanics (
).  The sequence if my handleRequest( .. ) is to call the connection pool
manager to get a connection, run the processQuery ( .. ), and then finally
issue close().

Sound right?  Do you have a connection manager that you would recommend?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message