tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ted Neward" <tnew...@javageeks.com>
Subject Manager app doesn't work?
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:31:04 GMT
I'm trying to do Ant-style autodeployment of a war file from my dev machine
to the Tomcat (4.0) server, and it's failing.

Specifically, I've got the catalina-ant.jar (culled from jwsdp-1.0), and I
run the task like so:

  <install
    url="${remote-url}"
    username="${username}"
    password="${password}"
    path="/${context-path}"
    war="jar:file:/${build-path}/${ant.project.name}.war!/"
  />

The returned message is "OK", but the log files show that either (1) Tomcat
couldn't find /WEB-INF/web.xml (and I've verified that it is in the .war
file), or (2) Tomcat simply doesn't show anything in the logs, yet the app
isn't updated.

Note that I get the same results regardless of interface (HTML or through
Ant).

Can somebody please verify for me that the Manager webapp in fact works, and
if so, where I'm going wrong with this?!?

Ted Neward
{.NET || Java} Course Author & Instructor, DevelopMentor
(http://www.develop.com)
http://www.javageeks.com/tneward
http://www.clrgeeks.com/tneward