tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stonix" <sto...@stonix.com>
Subject Newbie Question: Apache+Tomcat configuration
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 01:53:46 GMT
Hi,

I am absolutely newbie on Tomcat.
I have a Linux RH 7.1 box and a Apache 1.3.19 running on it.
I just installed Tomcat 4.0.3. Seems like it has been successfully
installed because if test it on 8080 port all the java examples
running perfect. Now, what have to be done for the rest? I guess
I need to configure both Tomcat and Apache to have them work
together. However I don't know where to start from. What I want
are, the apache should be the primary web server, and only java
JSP and serverlet will be thrown to Tomcat; and, both servers
recognize same document directories for those virtual hosts.
If any one out there can give me a brief explaination abou this
or just recomend a article, please give me a hand. Thanks in
advance!

Alex