tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: AW: how to virtual hosting with apache 13.x, tomcat 4.0.3, mod_webapp
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 05:16:41 GMT
> You only need one WebAppConnection statement - The same connection is
> shared by multiple vhosts/webapps. Try it like this:
>
> WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:8008
>
> <VirtualHost 193.10.10.25>
>    DocumentRoot /path/to/website1
>    ServerName www.website1.org
>    WebAppDeploy website1 conn /website1
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 193.10.10.25>
>    DocumentRoot /path/to/website2
>    ServerName www.website2.org
>    WebAppDeploy website2 conn /website2
> </VirtualHost>

Will this work? I have seen that each connection registers a ServerName on the Tomcat side.
I'm not saying it is not supported, but I had problems with some previous instances. I must
confess that those instances refused to work even for one VHost, so I cannot claim that *that*
will not work. Have you tried it?

Nix.