tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Claypool" <rclayp...@computercc.com>
Subject RE: JSP files in IIS - almost got it...
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:32:28 GMT
> Well, let's be specific.  In your original post, you
> mentioned that you didn't have to put "8080" in the URL, and
> you wanted to know if that meant that IIS was talking to
> tomcat correctly.  The answer to that is "yes".

Sorry for the confusion as I did ask that... But meant it as wanting to
rule out any problems with my asapi_director installion and
configuration.

> That's a separate issue from trying to get your particular
> virtual hosting scenario working correctly, which, from this
> post, it sounds like you are trying to do.

I also think this is where my problem is.

> In addition, this resource may help:
> http://www.getnet.net/~rbarr/TomcatOnIIS/default.htm

This document proved most helpful, and after reading this document is
when I reached this point...  (my configuration is set up very similar
to what the document says to do.)

The document says:
"
Another item that you may want to do is process all *.jsp's in your IIS
folders by Tomcat. This requires a few steps.

You must add a Context to your Tomcat. The path should be "/" and the
docBase should point to the web site files . (eg <Context path="/"
docBase="c:\Inetpub\wwwroot" debug="0" privileged="true" /> )
You must add a line to your uirworkermap.properties.
*.jsp=$(default.worker)
"

I had...

/*.jsp=jsp13
and in the last 5 minutes added
*.jsp=jsp13

(Still get a 404 message from Tomcat)

I guess I am slowly getting more specific:

I added these as suggested in the document , do I still need to set up a
virtual directory?  It seems that tomcat KNOWS that I have a jsp to
process, my worker AJP13 knows it has a job to do, but somehow they
don't where the file is that needs processing.