tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Conrad" <andrewcon...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat & IIS - success
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:11:39 GMT
I think I'm in agreement with Dave here.  While I can't say it took me
quite as long, about 6 hours, it was extremely difficult to find the
documentation on configuring IIS with Tomcat.  Who would have thought
(as a newbe) to look in the AJP configuration documentation?  Along with
the JGuru.com FAQ that leads to a seriously flawed installation guide.

I guess my point is that ripping this poor chap for taking 4 days (which
does seem a little excessive but not unbelievable) is a little
counter-productive.  We should take this endless barrage of IIS
installation problems as a HINT to improve the documentation and
navigation to the documentation.

OK, saying that, my question to anyone reading this thread is:

How do I help with the documentation?

I've written an installation guide that I believe improves on the
current documentation (which might only be my opinion)
(http://www.getnet.net/~rbarr/TomcatOnIIS/default.htm) and I've written
a setup program to automate the installation of the redirector
completely. I would like to include them in the documentation and the
distribution, but I'm not real sure how.  Do I just drop a line in the
developers' mailing list, or what?

Thanks,

Andrew